Pensions Technical Specialist
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
This position, based in an excellent location in central Bath, will see you providing technical support to the company’s financial planners who provide financial advice to individuals within the medical profession. You’ll work with a great team of people within their technical advice services team.
Salary on offer is up to £45,000 plus professional study support, and great benefits. 25 days holiday plus an extra day off for your birthday.
Day to day you’ll:
- Deliver both detailed calculations using in-house tools, to prepare technical pension advice and provide technical research services to the Advisers across the company in order to assist them in the delivery of advice and ongoing services to prospective, new and existing clients, and the delivery of an in-house Transfer Value Analysis Report service to all advisers
- Be responsible for analysing and compiling complex pension impact and TVAR reports to the highest standards in conjunction with the Advisers, in order to assist with the achievement of business targets while ensuring compliance with Business Quality Standards at all times
- Conduct in-depth and comprehensive analysis of clients’ financial planning arrangements with particular regard to NHS Pension Scheme benefits, the impact of the Lifetime Allowance and Annual Allowance and complex planning strategies around pension funding opportunities for NHS Scheme members
- Undertake complex pension benefit analysis and compile detailed pension illustrations, projections and associated documentation
- Produce appropriate reports.
- Strong pensions technical experience and pension transfer experience gained from working within a financial planning/Independent Financial Adviser company or pensions consultancy company
- Strong pensions knowledge, ideally with some experience of the NHS pension scheme although training can be provided in this area
- Ideally Level 4 Diploma or working towards
- Applications are welcomed from those who have strong pensions administration experience who would like to move in to a more technical paraplanning role.
If the sound of this opportunity interests you, please apply now for further details.
One of the UK’s leading national independent advisory businesses; an award-winning company (The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2015). They provide quality, independent whole of market advice, on the whole range of financial planning services to their clients; both private and corporate.
If you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962-5005.