Head of Portfolio Management
Salary: £90,000 - £100,000
Category: Investment Management
This is an exciting and newly created position for an award-winning national financial planning business to head up their new Discretionary Model Portfolio Service.
As Head of Portfolio Management, based from Bath, you’ll report to Director Level and you’ll be responsible for managing, running and developing the AuM of their Discretionary Model Portfolio Service. You’ll be responsible for the operational framework and for the oversight and systems & controls.
This role will also see you managing their team of technical experts who provide a specialist advice & research service to the business covering investments, pensions, asset allocation, and fund & product selection.
Salary on offer ranges from £90,000 to £100,000 plus a range of comprehensive benefits and 25 days holiday.
As Head of Portfolio Management, you’ll:
- Manage the marketing and distribution of the Discretionary Model Portfolio Service
- Promote the services of the Portfolio Management & Research across the business, to clients (where appropriate)
- Provide support to the Head of PR and Communications in relation to press commentary and reporting, where necessary
- Maintain investment standards and fund and portfolio research and management construction in line with company standards as agreed by the Investment Committee
- Own all written copy for all reporting on the Discretionary Model Portfolio Service and regular investment market views for both advisers and clients (including Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation views).
- Assist and support in the building and maintenance of the Investment Proposition (both Private Client and Corporate Client) in line with corporate strategy
- Oversee and ensure all panels (both fund and product) and guidance are fit for purpose (taking into account the company’s Independence)
- Report to the Investment Committee at each meeting in respect of all aspects of the service provision of the department and overall investment decisions
- Provide guidance and advice regarding Investment developments including operational and process issues required to meet business standards
- Carry out operational management and support of the Product Risk Framework including all pre-sales sign-off systems and controls.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience of discretionary portfolio management (on a funds-of-funds basis)
- Strong management, inter-personal and leadership qualities
- Experience of senior level reporting
- Excellent presentation and copy-writing skills
- Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning and Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management or IMC or Level 4 Certificate in Investment Management.
If you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood for a confidential chat on 0117 962 5005.