Location: Lymm, Cheshire
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Category: Administration, support & operational
This growing, highly successful and well regarded Chartered Financial Planning firm continue to live by their values Trustworthy, Friendly, Compassionate and Make an Impact. They offer a unique, warm culture where everyone is truly valued and all work together as a team from the Directors through to their front of office staff.
They’re looking for a Technical Assistant who share their values, have a passion for financial services and providing the best possible client experience.
What they’re looking for:
A Technical Assistant to work closely with the Technical Specialists (Paraplanners) and their centralised admin team.
You’ll be forward thinking, good with technology, and have excellent attention to detail and a hunger to grow with the business which works with some really exciting clients.
As a small but expanding company the right person means as much to them as the right skills; they only hire people that have a "can do" nature. Ideally, you’ll have strong technical administration experience coupled with a real desire to deliver an excellent client experience through the use of new technology.
Day to day you’ll:
- Support the work of Technical Specialist.
- Compile product research to aid the Technical Specialist inform their judgements.
- Collate, evaluate and process information received (both internal and external).
- Perform critical yield calculations to determine plan viability.
- Create illustrations in line with Technical Specialists recommendations.
- Perform case analysis to highlight omissions prior to handover to Technical Specialist.
- Support the preparation of Suitability Reports for Technical Specialists to summarise the outcome of client review meetings.
- Maintain the Quality of Documentation standards set out by the company.
- Research and Information requests.
- Send letters of authority to clients.
- Provide general support to the business administration function.
- Update all systems to allow consistent data to be accessed by the team.
- Producing customer statements and generating reports (Microsoft Excel)
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Support the delivery of agreed projects.
- Support the business CPD process (35 hour per year).
- 1-2 years minimum IFA industry experience and good general knowledge of all life, investment, pension, protection and legislation
- A good understanding of the advisory process and ideally be CFP qualified (or equivalent).
- Excellent experience of IT systems. (Word, Excel)
- Ideally experience of using: Intelligent Office, AJ Bell Investcentre, Parmenion Capital Payments, Investment Fund Direct Limited, Transact, Defaqto, O and M, Assure Web, and FE Analytics
- The ability to manage own workload.
- Drive to achieve the team’s goals.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- A desire and commitment to progress personally within Financial Services, and particularly in a Technical Specialist area.
- Willingness to undertake other duties to support the team and business from time to time.
Hours: 34 hours per week with reduced working time in the summer to support family life
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 pa plus generous bonus scheme
Benefits: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays and extra days at Christmas
Pension (5% employer contribution) plus access to optional company benefits.
If you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood for a confidential chat on 0117 962 5005.