Technical Team Leader
Category: Administration, support & operational
This Technical Team Leader position, based in central Bristol, near a variety of shops, bars and restaurants, benefitting from easy access by bus and park and ride, will see you reporting into and working closely with the Technical Team Manager and working with all areas of this very successful investment business.
You’ll work closely with the Operations and Client Services Teams and have day to day responsibility for ensuring that the company continue to manage all of the products that are administered on their Platform in a compliant manner. So we’re looking for someone who has wide technical experience/knowledge in Trusts, ISAs, Taxation and SIPPs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a continually growing and exciting business, where you’ll benefit from really being able to make this role your own and play a key role in the development of the overall growth of the technical team. You’ll be the sort of person who embraces change and consistently looks for ways to improve business processes etc.
Salary on offer is c£35,000 with excellent benefits to include 25 days holiday plus public holidays, 7 x Death in Service, PMI and Income protection, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Gym subsidy, discretionary bonus scheme and a 20% non-contributory pension contribution.
Flexibility is available so we also welcome applications from those looking for flexible hours or part-time hours.
As Technical Team Leader, whilst not exhaustive, your day to day activities will include:
- Working closely with the various internal stakeholders to ensure that all of the products offered are administered in an efficient, accurate and compliant manner.
- Providing ongoing training to all staff within Operations and Client Services to ensure that any knowledge gaps are filled. You will help to maintain the in-house Frequently Asked Questions and review this at least once every six months.
- Being responsible for reviewing all processes and procedures, at least six monthly to ensure that they remain compliant with HMRC legislation and FCA regulation.
- Holding responsibility for communicating all Legislation changes to the business.
- Working alongside the relevant teams to ensure that any internal and external literature, is technically correct from a regulatory and internal process perspective.
- Working alongside the Technical Manager and the Development teams to ensure that any requirements for the various company products are accurate. You will also work alongside the testing team to ensure the exit criteria are met prior to release.
- Identifying areas of improvement on current processes by providing an oversight function for operational work and CS calls.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within Financial Services, with strong technical knowledge of SIPPs, ISAs, Trusts & Taxation
- RO1, RO2 and RO4 ideally as a minimum.
- The ability to demonstrate regulatory awareness and articulate required changes
- An energetic, collaborative, and proactive approach coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills, working efficiently and accurately.
- Optimism and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including strong Excel knowledge
An award-winning business who offer sophisticated investment management services via an online portal to the IFA/Wealth Management profession. Named as one of 2015’s top 50 financial technology companies in Europe, with over £5billion in assets under management and more than 1300 adviser firms using their services. A dynamic and growing business offering an excellent working environment/culture coupled with study support and good career progression opportunities.
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962 5005; we can then discuss this is more detail and ascertain if you’d like to be presented for the opportunity.
All applications are read thoroughly; if you don’t receive a response within 2-3 working days it will be because on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. The only reason you’ll be deemed unsuccessful will be due to you not having the key experience or the right level of professional qualifications for the position.
By applying for this position you agree to Sandringham Wood processing your personal data, in line with our privacy notice https://www.sandringhamwood.com/privacy-notice