IFA Technical Support
Location: Chew Magna
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Category: Administration, support & operational
How would you like to work as an IFA Technical Support within a successful, friendly firm of Chartered Financial Planners based in the picturesque village of Chew Magna?
On a typical day the role will include:
- Providing ongoing administrative support to the Advisers and technical support to other staff
- Compilation of recommendation paperwork, including writing suitability reports
- Producing tax calculations (including Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Chargeable Gains, Annual & Lifetime Allowance)
- Preparing client valuations and sourcing fund/investment information
- Preparation of relevant documents ahead of Client meetings
- Maintaining client and research records in line with procedures and compliance
- Submitting new business via online systems where necessary
- Undertaking product research, analysis and due diligence checks
- Liaising with clients, providers and professional connections by telephone and in writing.
This position will offer you the chance to make a positive impact & contribution within a small, yet very successful truly independent firm with over £160 million of assets under management. They work hard to provide a caring approach and efficient service to their clients; they have a very loyal client-base and as a result all their clients come to them by way of personal recommendation from existing clients and professional connections.
They will actively encourage and offer financial support towards you gaining further professional qualifications. Salary range is £30,000 - £40,000 plus a generous bonus scheme, non-contributory pension (8%), DIS and PHI and 25 days holiday.
As an IFA Technical Support, you’ll have:
- Gained financial services administration experience in an IFA firm and have gained some exposure to producing suitability reports
- Good pensions and investment knowledge to include Drawdown, Tax and IHT Planning
- Level 4 Diploma or be working towards achieving this
- Experience of using Intelligent Office (or similar software) as well as experience of using tools such as O&M or Selectapension and general provider systems/platforms
- The ability to think critically and independently to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a very client-centric approach.
f this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962 5005; we can then discuss this is more detail and ascertain if you’d like to be presented for the opportunity.
All applications are read thoroughly; if you don’t receive a response within 2-3 working days it will be because on this occasion your application hasn’t been successful. The only reason you’ll be deemed unsuccessful will be due to you not having the key experience or the right level of professional qualifications for the position.
By applying for this position you agree to Sandringham Wood processing your personal data, in line with our privacy notice https://www.sandringhamwood.com/privacy-notice
Commutable from: Nailsea, Portishead, Backwell, Yatton, Bristol, Bath & Keynsham