Head of Investment Solutions
Category: Investment Management
A very successful, award-winning Investment Management organisation, with prestigious offices in central Bristol, has a new opportunity for an experienced Head of Investment Solutions to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join this company who bring together discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive investment technology with over 1000 adviser firms using their services across the UK.
This is a newly created position, due to both growth of the team and expansion in funds under management as the brand gathers increasing momentum amongst the advisory community. You’ll report to the Managing Director and lead the day to day management of the team to ensure the sequential alignment of risk adjusted returns remains true.
Your key responsibilities will include the day to day management of the investment solutions and the efficient functioning of the team, covering fund due diligence, model portfolio trading, and solution reporting and investment market commentary. Chairing the team weekly and monthly meetings with quarterly reports to the Investment Oversight Committee will be required with active contribution to team administrative and solution monitoring tasks as and when required.
As Head of Investment Solutions, duties to include:
- Manage, coordinate and oversee the fund managers, investment analyst and investment assistants in their day to day tasks
- Prepare the agenda and Chair the team weekly and monthly meetings plus prepare and present the quarterly report to the IOC
- Manage, monitor, review the investment solutions to ensure sequential alignment of risk grades and delivery of outcomes in line with their mandates
- Maintenance of risk graded model portfolios on secure website, FE Analytics and FE Transmission
- Fund research and quantitative analysis of UK OEICs, Unit Trusts and ETFs using both quantitative research plus face to face fund manager meetings
- Portfolio transaction administration and documentation
- Negotiation with fund groups
- Generate new ideas to ensure optimal administrative efficiency
- Production of performance reports + analysis of client performance
- QIR and IQ data and commentary preparation and sign off
- Dealing with daily ad hoc enquiries from sales team, advisers and internal personnel, and handling complaints as appropriate
- Ensuring FCA compliance in all aspects of investment department activities
- Liaison with sales staff and IFAs
- Support sales staff in the follow up of new relationships
- Representing the company by presenting at events/seminars/panels etc
What's in it for you?:
- Extremely competitive salary
- 35 hour working week
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Annual salary review
- 20% Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- 25 days Holiday, rising to 28 days based on length of service
- Life Assurance - 7 x salary & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance, up to family cover
- 50% Gym membership subsidy
- Tax free season ticket loans
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to play a key role in driving the future success of the company's brand - the investment team is a relatively small and cohesive unit with multiple responsibilities. This, therefore, offers an excellent opportunity for you to grow and develop your leadership capability and experience whilst simultaneously deepening your complete set of investment management and communication skills. Also, you’ll play a key role within the company’s integrated investment proposition and develop close working relationship with all departments across the company.
- Strong investment management experience, gained within the Wealth Management/IFA environment or as a fund manager. (12+ years’ experience is preferable)
- Solid people-management and leadership abilities
- Ideally, a deep and thorough understanding of the Wealth Management/IFA industry and have an excellent understanding and knowledge of FCA regulations
- An excellent eye for detail, be proactive, diligent, creative and ethical
- Strong organisational skills, be diligent, with excellent communication & presentation skills; you’ll have the ability to lead others, create relationships and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced IT skills and good level of maths/numeracy
- An appetite to progress within the role.
Professional qualifications needed for this role:
- CFA preferred or at least Diploma in Wealth Management (Level 4) or IMC
- FCA CF30 approved
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962-5005; we can then discuss your career aspirations in more detail and ascertain if this is an opportunity you'd like to explore further.