Salary: £28,000 - £33,000
Are you an experienced career-paraplanner with a wealth of FS industry experience, looking to work more locally?
This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected Financial Planning business, based in Westbury-on-Trym in Bristol. You’ll work closely with two Directors of the firm who specialise in Investment, Pension and Later Life planning for predominantly a more mature client-base.
They offer a relaxed, open and friendly working environment where you’ll play a key paraplanning role in the overall advice process and accompany the financial planners on some client meetings.
On a day to day basis this paraplanner role will see you:
Preparing and maintaining the client file:
- Assess each client’s financial circumstances and confirm client risk profile is determined
- Check all compliance paperwork is present
- Identify and obtain all the necessary information to compile cashflow forecast
- Review client portfolios for any Platform & Web based holdings.
- Liaise with financial planners to identify areas for planning/review to meet client needs
- Attend client meetings, as and when required
- Analysis, monitoring and reporting in respect of all products and investments
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis by planner
- Maintain accurate information on client relationship management system.
- Preparation of required suitability reports and letters
- Complete application/proposal forms
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order
- Make changes to client’s portfolio, as instructed.
- Act as a point of contact for clients and other parties regarding queries
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients and attend client meetings with adviser, if required
- Meet with life company and investment manager reps re product and technical updates
- Review clients’ investment portfolio in line with risk profile
- Initiate review meetings with clients
- Contribute to reviewing and implementing the financial planning software and technology available in the marketplace to deliver business needs
- A full understanding of the financial planning advice process
- A high level of technical knowledge
- Good report writing skills
- The ability to work within agreed business processes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal - both written and verbal, listening and numerical skills
- Analytical and research skills – experience of using industry Research tools
- Experience of using Intelligent Office and Truth Cashflow modelling software – this would be highly advantageous
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- The ability to work to agreed outcomes without supervision
- Effective time management skills
- Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning, or nearly completed or Paraplanning Qualification (J09)
- £28,000 - £33,000 pa
- A discretionary bonus at the end of the calendar year, based on company performance
- Reimbursement of course material and exam entry to CII exams on successful pass. In addition, a financial reward of £350
- Casual dress policy
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Plus extra holiday for when the office closes between Christmas and New Year.
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962-5005; we can then discuss your career aspirations in more detail and ascertain if this is an opportunity you'd like to explore further.