Business Development Manager
Category: Business Development
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join an exciting outsourced Compliance business, as they move into the next phase of growth. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to be part of an evolving brand with plenty of scope for growth. The company was launched at the end of 2017 and is part of a wider Group, offering support services to Financial Advisers nationwide. They’re a fresh, innovative group of companies that are looking to drive a modern approach to the FS industry and are passionate about doing things differently.
What’s in it for you?
- 26 days holiday (including days off at Christmas) PLUS bank holidays AND your birthday off (if it falls on a weekday)
- Basic salary of up to £35,000 plus quarterly bonuses (OTE £45K)
- Death in Service cover
- Personal Development budget (for exams, training, anything to help you excel!)
- Company Pension Scheme
- 2 official annual company parties, plus ad-hoc team nights out.
About the Role:
This is a new role, created due to the level of demand they’re experiencing and potential for additional growth. We are looking for someone with previous B2B account management or business development experience, who understands a consultative sales approach and building long lasting relationships. It’s essential that you have knowledge of the Financial Services industry and working with IFA’s.
Their head office is located in Darlington in the North East, so this role will be field based covering a southern territory and will require travel around the region. We are looking for someone who can travel around London and the south. You’ll be expected to attend Head Office in Darlington for monthly sales meetings and team events.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating new sales channels and looking out for opportunities within the market to create sales opportunities.
- Building relationships with both cold and warm leads to turn those leads into happy clients.
- Looking after existing clients (there are internal account managers to deal with ongoing enquiries) and help to upsell, or cross sell over both businesses.
- Host webinars, attend face to face meetings and attend events either as a delegate for networking, or as an exhibitor promoting the brand.
- Bringing your own ideas forward and contributing to the companies’ sales strategies, there is a marketing team to support this.
You will have previous experience within this type of business to business sales role, building successful relationships with IFA/Financial Planning firms and will have achieved strong results in driving a business forward. You’ll also:
- Be confident and experienced in attending face to face meetings and presenting
- Have the ability to present webinars on our software
- Be professional and articulate, great at building relationships
- Be motivated and driven and proactive
- Have excellent organisation skills
- Possess a good level of compliance knowledge; this would be advantageous but not essential
Above all, this company love someone with a positive attitude who likes a challenge and isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get on with the job!
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962-5005; we can then discuss your career aspirations in more detail and ascertain if this is an opportunity you'd like to explore further.