Category: Investment Management
A very successful, award-winning Investment Management organisation, with prestigious offices in Central Bristol, has a new opportunity for an experienced Investment Manager to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join this company who bring together discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive investment technology with over 1000 adviser firms using their services across the UK.
Working within an investment team who are responsible for the development and management of a range of risk graded investment solutions, you will report into the Senior Investment Manager and assist the team across a variety of tasks. This role, therefore, offers an excellent opportunity for you to further develop and build on your complete set of investment management skills.
Your role will encompass the day to day management, administration and monitoring of the company’s investment solutions - regular tasks will include portfolio performance attribution analysis, investment solution report writing and fund due-diligence.
The Investment Manager position will see you:
- Managing, monitoring, reviewing investment solutions to comply with their risk graded mandates
- Maintaining risk graded model portfolios on secure website, FE Analytics and Pulse
- Carrying out fund research and quantitative analysis of UK OEICs, Unit Trusts and ETFs using both quantitative research plus face to face fund manager meetings
- Placing deals with fund groups, platforms and brokers
- Carrying out portfolio transaction administration and documentation
- Generating new ideas to ensure optimal administrative efficiency
- Producing performance reports + analysis of client performance
- QIR and IQ data and commentary preparation and sign off
- Dealing with daily ad hoc enquiries from sales team, advisers and internal personnel, and handling complaints as appropriate
- Ensuring FCA compliance in all aspects of investment department activities
- Liaising with sales staff and IFAs/Financial Planners
- Supporting sales staff in the follow up of new relationships
- Providing a supporting role at events/seminars.
What's in it for you?:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hour working week
- Annual salary review
- 20% Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- 25 days Holiday, rising to 28 days based on length of service
- Life Assurance - 7 x salary & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance, up to family cover
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 50% Gym membership subsidy
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to play a key role in driving the future success of the company's brand and to gain exposure to a vast range of asset classes, markets, fund of fund research and asset allocation. The company promote a highly customer-centric, innovative and collaborative culture and have a clear agenda for creating a sustainable and responsible investment culture.
- Strong investment management experience, gained within the Wealth Management/IFA environment or as a fund manager. (5-6 years’ experience is preferable)
- A deep and thorough understanding of the Wealth Management/IFA industry and have an excellent understanding and knowledge of FCA regulations
- A can-do attitude and a desire to gain expertise across a range of asset classes and markets including but not limited to; bonds, property, equities and alternatives
- Advanced IT skills and good level of maths/numeracy
- An excellent eye for detail, be proactive, creative and ethical
- Strong organisational skills, be diligent, with excellent communication skills; you’ll have the ability to create relationships and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- An appetite to progress within the role.
Professional qualifications needed for this role:
- CFA preferred or at least Diploma in Wealth Management (Level 4) or IMC
- FCA CF30 approved
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962-5005; we can then discuss your career aspirations in more detail and ascertain if this is an opportunity you'd like to explore further.