Trainee Financial Planner, Cirencester
Location: Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Category: Financial Planning
We’re delighted to be working in partnership with a well-established forward-thinking independent financial planning firm, with two offices based in Gloucestershire (Cirencester and Winchcombe). Due to continued success they’re looking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to join their team, in Cirencester, as a Trainee Financial Planner.
You’ll report into the Operations Director and assist in the provision of financial plans and advice to prospective and existing private clients as well as assisting the firm in developing and enhancing their client propositions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Learning all aspects of the firm’s financial planning proposition
- Preparing suitability reports
- Assisting with design of templates as required
- Assisting with internal processes, systems and controls
- Gaining experience of both undertaking transactional work and assisting in the provision/implementation of suitable private client financial advice in order to meet and/or exceed agreed targets
- Assisting in the delivery of independent financial plans and/or advice to private clients in accordance with internal/ regulatory standards by effective communication, workflow management and record-keeping / database management
- Maintaining professional working relationships with clients.
- Be ideally Level 4 qualified, if not then very close to achieving this
- Have at least three years’ experience in the financial planning sector with at least one year’s experience in a paraplanner role
- Have experience of back office systems, (ideally, Intelligent Office)
- Have experience and knowledge of compliance controls, report writing and financial planning
- Be provided with existing clients engaged with the firm already, also expected to facilitate and drive new business
- Benefit from admin support
- Be eligible for bonus, related to performance versus agreed targets.
In addition, you’ll be a driven individual who wishes to make a strong impact within a small and successful financial planning practice; someone who can manage their own workload, has a high degree of detail and analytical skills and is able to work with all stakeholders in the firm.
On offer is a salary of circa £35,000, generous holiday allowance, with a contributory pension scheme following successful probationary period.
Free onsite parking is also available
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962 5005; we can then discuss this in more detail and ascertain if you’d like to be presented for the opportunity.
By applying for this position you agree to Sandringham Wood processing your personal data, in line with our privacy notice https://www.sandringhamwood.com/privacy-notice