SIPP Technician, Bristol
Category: Pensions Technical
A very successful, award-winning Investment Management organisation, with new prestigious offices in Bristol close to Temple Meads train station, has a new opportunity for a SIPP Technician. This is an exciting opportunity to join this growing, well-respected company who bring together discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive investment technology with over 1000 adviser firms using their services across the UK.
Working within a small specialist team you will be the ‘go-to’ person for all things SIPP related – this is a multi-faceted position and will see you working across the business as a subject matter expert, where you’ll provide technical assistance to both the operations and client-facing departments – this role will also include providing technical expertise on more complex SIPP queries to the company’s clients (the advisers) as well providing technical SIPP training to increase the overall knowledge within the company.
This role would suit someone who has a strong SIPP background, capable of working with a variety of stakeholders and someone well versed in the FCA regulations surrounding the SIPP product.
This SIPP Technician role will see you:
- Creating and maintaining the in-house Knowledgebase articles relating to the SIPP product and review all articles at least once every six months.
- Holding responsibility for reviewing all processes and procedures that impact the SIPP product, at least annually to ensure that they remain compliant with HMRC legislation and FCA regulation.
- Completing a regular quality assurance audit of SIPP related Client Engagement calls and flagging any issues with the Head of Client Services.
- Completing a regular quality assurance audit of completed SIPP related operational processes and flagging any issues with the Head of Operations.
- Ensuring that FCA Regulatory Returns are completed on time.
- Working alongside the Technical Product Manager to ensure any future SIPP developments have been operationally impact analysed prior to development and to sign off that the testing results are as expected.
- From time to time speaking directly to external advisers to resolve any technical questions.
- You will devise, run and sign off the SIPP T&C scheme for all Client Engagement and Operations employees.
- Providing In house training for operations and CE employees
- Becoming the company’s operational SIPP Subject Matter Expert
- Identifying areas of improvement on current processes
- Representing Operations and CE at the SIPP Operational Committee
What's in it for you?:
- Excellent annual remuneration
- 35 hour working week
- Annual salary review
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme (16% non-contributory, if the employee pays 2% then the company will match by 2% making company cont 18% and employee cont 2%)
- 40 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (can buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Life Assurance - 7 x salary & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance
- 50% Gym membership subsidy
- Minimum 5 years working within a SIPP function
- IOC and RO4 minimum qualifications
- The ability to demonstrate regulatory awareness and articulate required changes
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisation skills, and be efficient and accurate
- An approach that is energetic, collaborative, and proactive
- Optimism and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strength to challenge senior members of the business
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including strong Excel knowledge
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962 5005; we can then discuss your career aspirations in more detail and ascertain if this is an opportunity you'd like to explore further.
By applying for this position you agree to Sandringham Wood processing your personal data, in line with our privacy notice https://www.sandringhamwood.com/privacy-notice