Senior Operational Risk Manager, Bristol
Category: Compliance & Risk
A very successful, award-winning Investment Management organisation, with prestigious offices in Bristol close to Temple Meads train station, has a new opportunity for a Senior Operational Risk Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join this well-respected company that bring together discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive investment technology with over 1000 adviser firms using their services across the UK.
Working within the Compliance & Risk function you’ll be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of the Company’s Risk Management Framework to ensure relevant risks and controls are identified and in place.
Whilst you will report into the Chief Compliance Officer you’ll also have regular involvement with other C-suite members so you’ll need to have the experience of or the ability to work at this level; you’ll be competent & confident of your abilities and able to handle challenges from senior management – above all, you’ll have a strong personal impact, be a professional enabler; not someone who gives ‘no’ as a stock answer, someone who always looks for a business way forward and a compliance resolution to complex business issues.
This Senior Operational Risk Manager role will see you:
- Implementing, monitoring and regularly review the firm’s Risk Management Framework including Risk Appetite Statement, Risk Policy and risk scoring methodology.
- Escalating and reporting to the Executive Committee and Board, and appropriate governance on the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework, changes in firm’s risk profile, breaches of risk tolerance and reporting on strategic risks identified during BAU and horizon scanning.
- Maintain, improve and champion the company’s Risk System.
- Analysing operational risks and assist the business in risk logging and scoring in accordance with the firms Risk Management Process.
- Acting as an internal resource with which other departments may communicate and turn towards for guidance on cross-functional risks, risk-based decision making and its impact on business risk profile.
- Oversight and analysis of incidents including carrying out trend analysis on incidents, performing root cause analysis for significant incidents in line with set policy and monitor the delivery of preventive and corrective action plans for incidents, loss events and other breaches
- Reviewing management of key 3rd party suppliers to assess the adequacy of operational risk management, and actively support procurement.
- Undertaking Operational Risk assessments on new propositions and business change.
- Actively participating in relevant committees and change delivery programmes.
What's in it for you?:
- Excellent annual remuneration
- Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- Substantial holiday allowance
- Life Assurance & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance
- A proficient understanding of operational risk management in a financial services environment and experience of operating and RCSAs and KRIs.
- Proven experience of operating effectively as an influential, competent and business enabling senior manager in a regulated environment.
- Experience of operating within a company that has experienced rapid growth.
- A breadth of experience in risk management, audit, platform services or related areas.
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962 5005; a full and detailed role profile is available - we can then discuss your career aspirations in more detail and ascertain if this is an opportunity you'd like to explore further.
By applying for this position, you agree to Sandringham Wood processing your personal data, in line with our privacy notice https://www.sandringhamwood.com/privacy-notice