Paraplanner, Knutsford, Cheshire
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
This growing, highly successful and well regarded Chartered Financial Planning firm with offices in Knutsford continue to live by their values Trustworthy, Friendly, Compassionate and Make an Impact. They offer a unique, warm culture where everyone is truly valued and all work together as a team from the Directors through to their front office staff.
They’re looking for a Technical Specialist (Paraplanner) who share their values, have a passion for financial services and providing the best possible client experience.
What they’re looking for:
You’ll be an experienced paraplanner, forward thinking, good with technology, and have excellent attention to detail and a hunger to grow with the business which works with some really exciting clients.
As a small but expanding company the right person means as much to them as the right skills; they only hire people that have a "can do" nature. Ideally, you’ll have strong technical paraplanning experience coupled with a real desire to deliver an excellent client experience through the use of new technology.
Day to day you’ll:
- Analyse client data.
- Create investment strategies suitable to the clients’ needs and objectives
- Research products to support recommendations
- Compile financial planning recommendations and suitability reports
- Manage the presentation of technical data to the Financial Planners
- Work in tandem with the financial planning hubs to support technical queries
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Support the business CPD process (35 hours per year).
- 1-2 years minimum IFA industry paraplanning experience and good general knowledge of all life, investment, pension, protection and legislation
- A good understanding of the advisory process and ideally be Level 4 qualified (or equivalent).
- Excellent experience of IT systems. (Word, Excel)
- Ideally experience of using: Intelligent Office, AJ Bell Investcentre, Parmenion Capital Payments, Investment Fund Direct Limited, Transact, Defaqto, O and M, Assure Web, and FE Analytics
- The ability to manage own workload.
- Drive to achieve the team’s goals.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- A desire and commitment to progress personally within Financial Services, and particularly in a Technical Specialist area.
- Willingness to undertake other duties to support the team and business from time to time.
What’s in it for you:
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus generous bonus scheme
Benefits: Company pension (5% employer), Life Cover (4 x salary), Flexible working plans plus access to optional company benefits.
Hours: 34 hours per week with reduced working time in the summer
Holiday: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays and extra days at Christmas
If this interests you and you’d like to find out more, please apply now or call Jess Wood on 0117 962 5005; we can then discuss this in more detail and ascertain if you’d like to be presented for the opportunity.
By applying for this position you agree to Sandringham Wood processing your personal data, in line with our privacy notice https://www.sandringhamwood.com/privacy-notice